Thursday 7 August 2008

Baking on the rain

So I guess it's my turn now.

Yes, I'm the infamous one who has the name up but never dared to write a few words in this cute little board. For the ones who haven't figured out yet, I'm João, the other half of this blog, who actually is much less than half.


I hope I can maintain the standards of this place, and for that I'll promise to behave.


OK, but now let's Post!


One of these days it was raining in Dublin. I was not only surprised but also shocked. How come?! So unpredictable?! I just couldn't believe that it was raining on the day that I had plans to do nothing.


Oh well! - I thought. I guess it will be alright because there will be plenty more opportunities to do nothing.


Inspired by such a typical horrible weather I decided to do something extraordinary.


I don't want to stop any weak heart, but in fact I BAKED! In deed! Seriously!


I opted for this very basic Portuguese cake, original from my County, which is made for sweet teeth like me. It's called Pão de Ló de Alfeizerão.


It's based on Eggs and Sugar, and a small drop of flour. This mix makes it moist and very sweet, becoming a true orgy in my mouth.


I leave here a picture and the recipe. Enjoy it with tea or coffee on a rainy day.


Pão de Ló de Alfeizerão

2 Eggs
6 Eggs Yolks
100 gr of Sugar
50 gr of flour

Blend the eggs with the sugar until it's foamy. Continue blending and add one by one the egg yolks. Blend this mix for 10 minutes. Gently fold in the flour and take to a hot oven (225ºC) for 10 minutes.



PS: The cake will massively fall down after taken out of the oven, but don't panic, it's how it's meant.

No comments: