Tuesday 19 July 2011

Broa


Suddenly there was a Broa making opportunity for me today. Joao went downstairs to make his coffee and heard that the bread oven is being heated and ready to bake in 1 hour. I had to move fast and mix together the dough and hope that it has enough time to rise.

Couple of days earlier I had searched out some Broa recipes and adjusted it to the amount of ingredients that I had available

500ml warm water
8g instant dry yeast
190g white wheat flour
400g corn flour
1/2 tl salt
1/2 sugar

Mix the flours together, add salt. Mix water, yeast, sugar and let it rest 10 min. Add water-yeast mix to the flour and knead it into a dough. Cover and let it raise.

Since I had very little time left thats really all I did. Kneading time was minimum too, maybe 2 minutes max. I let it grow for 1h and was called, because oven was ready. I divided the dough into 2 balls and laid them in the oven floor (outdoor wooden oven). I have no clue about the temperature there.

Long story short now. It's delicious!! The corn and wheat ratio is just right for my taste.

No comments: